Fake Survey For Ikea Voucher Going Around in WhatsApp
There is a social sharing on fake survey for ikea voucher when someone fill up the survey form and asked to share 10 friends in order to redeem ikea voucher.
The survey form that you are going to fill up do not belong to ikea company web portal. The fake site is gathering your personal information for other usage by letting you feel that you can redeeming a large amount of ikea voucher by filling up the survey form and share it out.
To check if the site is good to surf, always scan for virus to prevent your smartphone or tablet from hacker to hack your personal information from your devices as well, VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/
Here are some website that are talking about the fake site for ikea voucher that you should not register the fake survey form:
- ikea.com – http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/customer_service/important_information.html
- pcworld.com – http://www.pcworld.com/article/193905/Facebook_Scams.html
- mailshark.com.au – http://www.mailshark.com.au/recent-security-news/ikea-gift-card-scam-13235
- adweek.com – http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/40000-facebook-users-fall-for-ikea-gift-card-scam/316630
- itbusiness.ca – http://www.itbusiness.ca/news/nearly-40000-facebook-users-duped-by-gift-card-scam/14707
- scamwatch.gov.au – https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news/beware-of-scam-gift-voucher-product-offers-on-social-networking-sites
Always check on the domain name first before clicking to the site link. Here is how you can check on the domain name:
If the domain name creation date is just registered a few months, 50% are likely to be a fake site. Do take note on this.
Another way to ensure if the website is real, ensure that the website URL is using SSL which refer as Secure Sockets Layer, it is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client.
SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Normally, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text—leaving you vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server they can see and use that information.
More specifically, SSL is a security protocol. Protocols describe how algorithms should be used; in this case, the SSL protocol determines variables of the encryption for both the link and the data being transmitted.
If the survey form require you to input sensitive information without the site being secure site, please do not input your information further more.
Hope this information is of a good use for your knowledge, please share this to your family and friends to help them prevent their sensitive information from fake site like Fake Survey For Ikea Voucher.