[dropcap]P[/dropcap]ersonal coaching brings many wonderful benefits: fresh perspectives on personal challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, greater interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence. And, the list does not end there. Those who undertake coaching also can expect appreciable improvement in productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
Not many people have the luxury of having a personal coach paid by their employer.
And not nearly enough people hire a personal coach themselves.
When should you consider personal coaching?
There are many reasons to consider a personal coach.
A few examples:
- Do you have (big) dreams but no idea how to achieve them?
- Do you want to get more out of (every day) life?
- Do you only know what you DON’T want, but not what you actually DO want
- Are you unhappy about your work-life balance?
- Do you want to reduce the stress in your life?
- Are you unhappy about your current job or relationship?
- Are you continuously unsuccessful at achieving a certain goal (for instance
a healthier lifestyle)?
Sure, most people will recognize some of the examples mentioned, of course for someone you know, not you
What are the main benefits of a personal coach?
- Focus: learn to prioritize and channeling your energy and attention on the goals you want to achieve (‘clear the clutter’)
- Learning: a coach helps you to learn to get to know yourself better and achieve (accelerated) personal growth
- Increase your ‘stamina’: if you really want to achieve something you should persist and work hard to reach your goal. Using goals and actions and making them SMART is helpful. A coach can help you to create a roadmap to actively pursue your dreams
- Courage: a coach will help you to step up and challenge yourself and improve your self-esteem
- Create new habits: a coach can help you to replace bad habits by habits that support your goals
- Productivity: a coach can help you to improve your productivity
- Interpersonal skills: a coach can help you to improve your interpersonal skills
- Reduce stress: a coach can help to reduce the stress levels
- Personal branding: a coach can help you to improve your personal brand in order to stand a better chance to get the » job promotion » or project you want
There are many types of coaches. Depending on the benefits you seek you need a specific expertise.
Ready to boost your personal development as the key to a more fulfilling life?